Sunday, August 1, 2010

Well, those of you who know me...know that I am NOT a writer!  There is a reason I teach math, it is because I can't spell and don't know a thing about writing a proper essay.  (So expect a ton of errors and please...keep your corrections to yourself!)  But, I have started this blog for a couple reasons.  One is that I am having trouble falling asleep at night and people keep telling me that if I write things down it will help.  Now honestly, most of the things I think about at night would not be a bit interesting to anyone  It usually has something to do with which food I want to start Waylon on the following week or trying to remember if I started the dishwasher or not.  But, if this helps me sleep that would be a fabulous bonus.  The other reason is that time is seriously zooming by.  Waylon is now almost five months old!  I do my part to totally be the paparazzi mommy and capture pictures of his each and every move but I want to be able to look back and read about moments we shared that were touching or funny.  While it seems like Waylon couldn't possibly be almost five months old, it also seems like there was never a time before him.  I hope by doing this, I can hold on to these moments and really enjoy them all over and over.

So with that being said and the start of this blog officially underway, the only other thing I can think to write down right now is that Waylon is truly a gift from God and has brought so much joy into our lives.  Sure, we would love to be able to sleep in past 6:45, eat with the family instead of having to leave due to a crying baby or for me, go tanning anytime I felt like it!  BUT.....what would life be like, or even better what was it like before this little smiling face...

This little man is all I need to see in the morning to make me laugh, feel refreshed and blessed.  He has filled our days with many new activities; diaper changing, sink baths, walks with the stroller, car seat lifting, and baby food making.  Oh yeah....and story time, walker time, morning courtyard playing time, snuggling time, tickling time, singing time, dancing time, praying time, and my most personal favorite kissing time.  He is the part of us that was missing, that we didn't even know was missing.  He is a gift from God and a real life image of our love.  He is the best thing Derrick and I have ever done!  We couldn't be more in love with him! 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks wonderful girl! I started during my pregnancy since we are military and have family all over the world, it really is fun! What a beautiful family! Keep up the blogging =)

    ReplyDelete