Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Some more FIRSTS for WAYLON

Lots and lots going on over here in the Pearce house.  With fall here, (well, somewhere behind this 100 degree weather) the decorating of the house for Halloween, deciding what Waylon is going to be for his first Halloween (done and done) , planning out our Thanksgiving and Anniversary trip, weekends full of football, work, and me getting more and more excited for Santa to be coming to our house this year....I wanted to make sure I took a minute to document a few more of Waylon's firsts.   As much as I want to keep him in a box and not let him grow anymore....he sure is taking off. 

WAYLON'S FIRST. . . . .

-Sickness!  My mini-man got sick! :(  It is without any exaggeration that I say that it was one of the absolute worse things I have ever been through...sounds pathetic but it is true.  To see my usually lively and happy little boy so miserable and obviously in pain...brought tears to my eyes!  Of course, Waylon (and his exhausted parents) survived but I just felt so helpless.  I would have done anything to make him feel better.  I must give much of the credit of Waylon's recovery to Derrick who took the long shift Sunday night so I could try and get some sleep.  I don't know what I would do with out my hubby, he is a wonderful man and even better Daddy.  

- wine walk!  No, that is not a typo.  We celebrated my mom's birthday by walking around downtown Clovis sampling some fabulous wines.  Waylon was not only the cutest baby there (yes, he wasn't the only baby there) but also was totally well behaved.


- football game!  Waylon LOVES football.  (Which is good since during the fall...we pretty much make our schedule around football).  Anyway, Grammy made him a jersey that matches the Clovis East football player's jersey and Waylon showed it off at the game.  He even took pictures with the players and got held by the cheerleaders.  (He must know somebody to get that kind of VIP status) Hehe!! He loved watching the game and the mascot too!


-Clovis Fest!  One of my favorite memories as a child was getting up early....well maybe not that part...and going to watch the hot air balloons take off!  I wanted to share this with Waylon.  We had a blast and he was so observant of the balloons.  This is definitely going to be a yearly Pearce family tradition. 

This picture just melts my heart.  Yes, they are totally twins!  Well, at least their heads and ears! hehe!  Waylon just couldn't get over the bright colors and loud sounds.  What a blast!


And finally. . . WAYLON"S FIRST TIME CRAWLING!  That's right!  Waylon crawled for the first time on September 27th, 2010.  Our little six and half month old baby is right on his way to being fully mobile.  He is still a bit shaky and taking it one little arm movement at a time but he is getting the hang of it.  The best part of it....he did it for the first time while Derrick and I were both home.  It was a VERY special moment for us!  Here is a clip of him doing it the following day!  Oh and I found the easiest way to get him to crawl...put the computer or my phone across the room in front of him.  He moves in record speed!


Life is sure flying by.  And while not all of the Mini-Man's first are fun, I am glad that we can be with him as he grows, develops, and learns.  HE IS OUR LITTLE MIRACLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment