Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Life of a Working Mom....Week #2

WOW.....I am tired!  Week two of work....check!  Let me just say, for the record, that being a working mom is HARD and EXHAUSTING.  The Pearces are definitely in adjustment mode over here.  I feel like I am daily running a marathon and I am trying to figure out how to do everything I need to do and still find in a few minutes to do the things that I want to do.
Now, I also want to say for the record, that I have a great schedule at work that allows me to be with Waylon in the afternoons and a husband who not only does a ton for our mini-man, but also goes above and beyond to take care of me too.  With all of that being said, there are occasionally minutes throughout the day when I just want to yell "How in the world am I going to get it all done?"  Between having an adorable new baby who I am still nursing (you haven't lived until you have pumped at work!!) and my 160 students who I see on a daily basis....I am finding it hard to do everything I need to do.  Yes, Derrick is probably correct when he says that I don't have to get everything done right away.  But...I have always being a perfectionist and now being a Mom, (oh yes, I am blaming it on my kid) it has only seemed to get worse.  I feel like I am a laundry and dish washing machine.  It is like I think the world is going to end if we have a pile of dirty laundry.  And heaven forbid there be dishes in the sink.  Seriously...it is ridiculous. 
Anyway...week two of work got a lot of things off the checklist and moving.  We had back to school night on Monday and our first football game on Friday.  Cheer provided me with its own set of challenges this week including tears, enforcing rules, and a long and hot first game.  But it is nice to see their hard work start to pay off and to hear some positive remarks from my administration about their first time on the sidelines.   My classes are starting to get settled and it does feel good to teach again after almost six months.  To hear a student say "Oh, I get it" will never get old to me.  I am extremely blessed to have a career in which there is so much payoff and reward.  And our new home schedule is getting pretty established as well.  We are up very early in the morning when means we go to bed very early at night too but the moments I get to share with my boys in the evening are priceless.  It is true that every day is a gift...but it just feels especially true right now.   Derrick and I work hard to get the required activities (grocery shopping and yucky errands) done on the weekend so the week days are less stressful for me and spent more focusing on each other.  I am still trying to figure out where to fit in having these things I used to know...a social life, ME time, hubby time....but I can't complain.  I would trade one second of snuggle time, eating time, bath time, giggle time or dance time to have back how things used to be.  Things are different now, but they are also better now.  I think that before Derrick and I were married and blessed with Waylon, I didn't even know that loving someone so much was possible.  But these two guys have completely captured my heart.  I can't help but feel lucky when I have these two guys in my arms or laughing with the two of them.  I am one lucky, lucky lady!
Enough with the boring stuff....our beautiful niece, Gianna, turned one this week.  How has it already been a year!?  I keep talking with my sister-in-law about how much life has changed in the past year and what blessing her and Waylon are in our lives.  They are too precious.  I just can't wait to see all these two do and accomplish throughout our life time
  We celebrated Gianna's birthday with a Mickey Mouse themed BBQ where Waylon finally got to wear his Mickey ears that Auntie Lindsay got him that he sported with the awesome outfit his Grammy made him.  What a stud and obviously he isn't spoiled!  hehe!
Well, that is all I can think of for now.  It is time to get off of here and enjoy watching some football with my boys and finish making Waylon some more baby food.  I don't want to waste a minute of time I have with these guys!   

"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15

No comments:

Post a Comment