Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HAPPY FOUR YEARS ANNIVERSARY!

So...the date was December 12, 1998.  I was 15, had brown hair, was wearing a red sweater and the shortest black skirt my Dad would let me out of the house in!  I was heading to Justin Thompson's Christmas party and believe it or not, my parents were letting Derrick Pearce actually drive me home!  THIS WAS A HUGE DEAL!  After a great party, a drive home in one of the coolest cars that parked at Buchanan High School, and a long walk to my parents door, I will never forget standing in the middle of Christmas light as I got my first kiss from my first love!  He took my breath away and I am pretty sure I didn't sleep at all that night!  Almost 14 years later....he still does!
 


So, after 8 years of being together again, lots of fights and making up, dozens of trips,

countless dinners out with friends, the loss of loved ones,

2 perfect and precious miracles we call our baby boys, 1 apartment, our first home, and an endless love for each other

....tomorrow I celebrate FOUR years of marriage to the man God created just for me!


I think that it is very fitting that our anniversary falls on Thanksgiving this year because there is no doubt, that the thing I am most THANKFUL for is my remarkable HUBBY, the love we share, and the life we are building together!  God doesn't make mistakes, and I know he made us just for each other.  I am so blessed to be married to a man who loves me for me, pushes me to be better, always has my back, makes me laugh, is the world's BEST daddy, and impresses me EVERY day!



I love my Derrick Lee!  More and More and More!


"This life would kill me If I didn’t have you
I couldn’t live without you baby
I wouldn’t want to
If you didn’t love me so much
I’d never make it through
‘Cuz this life would kill me
This life would kill me if I didn’t have you.
 
 
 
Happy four year anniversary Hub-A-Lub!  Looking forward to a lifetime of more!  And thank you, for being a CERTAIN in a world of uncertainties!

No comments:

Post a Comment