- Well...he hasn't been up to getting any teeth! That's right, Waylon is still showing off his gums every time he flashes that studly smile.
- He loves music and he loves to dance. We don't watch a lot of TV in front of Waylon so a lot of music is being played in our house. If Waylon is sitting down, we will sway back and forth to the music and bounce his head. If he is in his walker, he will dance by moving all around. My favorite though, is when he gets up in a bear crawl and just shakes his little butt! Adorable!
- He is a big fan of reading. Despite the fact that I pretty much hate to read, I know how important it is to introduce it to our son at an early age. Derrick and I have been reading to Waylon since he was 8 weeks old. And, I think it has paid off. He loves to be read to and even look at books by himself. His current favorites are the Toy Story 3 ones and The Big Yawn.
- He LOVES to give kisses!! Big, Open mouthed, wet kisses. The funny thing is, he adores his Daddy but he will not give him kisses. Me however, he will practically try to make out with. And, according to his Grandma, he spends Thursdays chasing around his cousin, Gianna, trying to lay one of her. Here is a picture of them on Halloween puckering up! Hey, at least he has good taste!
- He is going through a little bit of an attachment stage. He still is fine with being dropped off in the morning but once I pick him up in the afternoons...he is quite the cling-on. If I try to put him down on the ground or to sleep in his crib he just cries. While I absolutely love this most days because there is nothing I would rather do than hold my baby while he sleeps it does make it hard to get the daily chores done. Oh well, the dishes don't put themselves away so I guess they will still be waiting for me when I get around to them.
- He is not the biggest fan of the sippy cup BUT he loves to have a drink out of an adult water bottle. And, he does it pretty well. Even if he has his sippy cup in his hands, he will reach out for the water bottle if I am drinking out of it. HILARIOUS.
Some firsts for Waylon....
- He went to the golf course for this first time this past month. Sure...it was just for brunch but I am sure this is a place he will be spending a lot at with his daddy in the future.
-Waylon celebrated his first Halloween as the Mini-Monster. We were lucky enough to have all four of his Grandparents over for the holiday. One of the biggest blessings we have is our family. Waylon loves his Grandma, Grandpa, Grammy and Papa. He is one loved and spoiled little guy.
-And lastly, Waylon went to his first girlfriend's birthday party! HEHE! Yes, we joke that Waylon's girlfriend is a the darling daughter of our friends Christy and Daniel. Of course, they have no idea but it is fun for us Moms. Here is Waylon all ready to party.