Sunday, August 11, 2013

JESUS melts our hearts!

So there are a million different post on pinterest that deal with melting crayons for art!  I have always loved this!  But, I was trying to think of some way to include a Bible lesson into our week.  So we talked about the following verses...
 
Joshua 2:11
When we heard of it, our hearts melted in fear and everyone's courage failed because of you, for the LORD your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below.
 
Every man's heart shall melt (comp. Deuteronomy 20:8; Joshua 2:11; Joshua 5:1, etc.).
 
I wanting to remind our boys that while heat melts crayon, God's love and grace melt our hearts. 
 
So I got an extra tile, and then had the boys hand me crayons in the order that they wanted me to hot glue them on. 
 
Then Waylon helped me "blow dry" the crayons until he like the way the crayons had melted. 
Then the boys picked the colors for me to add "JESUS melts our hearts" in.  Super fun and easy!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment